JOB TITLE: Compliance Analyst
COMPANY: Gen II Luxembourg Services SARL (GenIILS)
Gen II Fund Services is one of the largest global independent private equity fund administrators, with $450 billion of private capital under administration. Gen II services 5,000+ fund entities with a 99% client retention rate. The group has over 500 employees, with several offices across the United States (New York, Stanford, Boston, San Francisco and Dallas) and in Luxembourg.
The Gen II team is the most experienced and longest tenured team in the private equity fund administration industry, with broad expertise across buyout, funds of funds, real estate, energy, infrastructure, credit, co-investment, hybrid funds, feeder funds, venture capital, retail and managed accounts.
THE LUXEMBOURG BUSINESS
Gen II Luxembourg Services offers Private Equity and Real Estate administration services, providing Gen II US clients, and new US and European sponsors with the capability to have a Luxembourg base of operations and trusted partner in Europe.
The business offers a fully customizable service plan for sponsors seeking to establish a Luxembourg-based structure.
- Fund launch consultation and guidance
- Domiciliation, governance, and secretarial support
- Complete fund accounting and administration
- Registrar and transfer agency
- Comprehensive financial, regulatory and investor reporting
- Regulatory/compliance support: AML/KYC, CRS, FATCA and AIFMD reporting
- Depositary services
- Directorship services
- Data analytics and integration
- Coordination with other service providers
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the established Luxembourg entity and become a key member of our team further developing the business. The role sits within the Compliance Team, which currently consists of 4 compliance officers reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer.
As a Compliance Analyst, you will be mainly focused on the vendor due-diligence and ongoing monitoring processes, as well as customers CRS and FATCA reporting. You ensure that GenIILS functions in a legal and ethical manner while meeting its business goals.
EXAMPLE YEAR ONE OBJECTIVES
- Assist in the successful implementation of the new compliance tool
- Support the vendor due diligence process and on-going monitoring
- AML-CTF periodical review of the clients’ tax information
- Annual review of the tax reporting process and procedures to improve business efficiency
- Work with vendors, clients and the business to ensure timely delivery of day to day responsibilities
- Review and monitoring of tax documentation
- Review and monitoring of vendors’ tax documentation
- Ongoing due-diligence of clients and vendors as per regulatory requirements
- Revert on due-diligence requests and queries from third-parties
- Update and maintenance of current and future operating system
- Administration, scanning and filing of Compliance documentation
- Participate in process standardization and improvement discussions
- Any other tasks entrusted to you by your Manager
- You will pro-actively keep yourself informed about laws and regulations and will attend regular trainings.
- Graduate of Law, Finance or Economics with an interest in Compliance and tax
- Understanding of Luxembourg rules and regulations as well as international taxation standards
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Fluent in English, any other language is considered as an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including contributing to and being part of a strong team spirit
- Client oriented with ability to build strong relationships with internal and external parties
- Ability to work autonomously, taking full ownership of assigned responsibilities with a commitment to delivering quality work
- Excellent organizational skills complemented by a “can do” attitude
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to work under pressure
- Ability to analyse and apply a large volume of technical data