JOB TITLE: Business Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Client Services
Employing Company: Gen II Luxembourg Services SARL
Gen II Fund Services is one of the largest global independent private equity fund administrators, with $350 billion of private capital under administration. The group has over 500 employees, with several offices across the United States (New York, Stanford, Boston, San Francisco and Dallas) and in Luxembourg.
The Gen II team is the most experienced and longest tenured team in the private equity fund administration industry, with broad expertise across buyout, funds of funds, real estate, energy, infrastructure, credit, co-investment, hybrid funds, feeder funds, venture capital, retail and managed accounts.
THE LUXEMBOURG BUSINESS
In December 2019, Gen II completed the acquisition of Quilvest Luxembourg Services, with Quilvest Private Equity remaining as a client of the newly established Gen II Luxembourg Services. The business offers Private Equity and Real Estate administration services, supporting over $5 Billion of assets and providing Gen II US clients with the capability to have a Luxembourg base of operations and trusted partner in Europe.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the established Luxembourg entity and become a key member of our team further developing the business. The role sits within the Client Services Team, reporting to the Director of Operations Development.
As a business analyst, you will be mainly focused on contributing in a wide range of projects helping to the platform transformation.
EXAMPLE YEAR ONE OBJECTIVES
- Translate new Client Services needs and other Department into operational requirements
- Assist in the implementation of new tools
- Develop opportunities including coordination of multiple stakeholders, to prepare and present business case to relevant senior managers
- Act as technical support for the client services team including managers, sharing knowledge and providing training where needed or requested, including the coordination on complex work
- Assist in the successful implementation of the new compliance tool
- Support the 2020 financial crime strategy for the business
- Provide input into the compliance monitoring plan, including AML / CFT regulatory focus
- Annual review of process and procedures to improve business efficiency
- Work with clients and the business to ensure timely delivery of day to day responsibilities
- The Individual will work with the group to recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Help to translate client needs into process changes
- Follow up on all project and report to the management
- Communicate initiative updates, with regular reporting to senior managers on delivery
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with technology team.
- Have the ability to assess market position by comparing the company's product to competitors' products, and where appropriate show gap analysis
- Gather requirements, understand the technology infrastructure, and work closely with developers to build and deliver solutions.
- Depending on need, be involved in the entire life cycle of the solution build out, including testing, roll out to accounting or Investor Relations teams and see project through from beginning to completion and deployment to production
- Work with management in operations teams and key accounting stake holders to clearly communicate the proposed solutions, the status of solutions and estimated timelines and efforts from all parties.
- Assist development team with any issues that a rise post rollout of technology solutions, also work closely with Development and Business stakeholders on the enhancements and book of work related to technology that has been released.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND EDUCATION
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office products, E-front being an advantage
- Candidate has extended experience in the Private Equity and alternatives space. This will include waterfalls, reporting, automation, Investor relations.
- Extensive experience in writing business / functional specifications and tests cases.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in technology, finance, business or equivalent.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Fluency in English, any other language is considered as an asset
- Be able to multi task and working across a changing environment and on multiple projects
- Ability to solve for complex business issues, and outline technology solutions that will allow for scalability and standardization of processes across Gen 2
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including contributing to and being part of a strong team spirit
- Client-oriented with ability to build strong relationships with internal and external parties
- Ability to work autonomously, taking full ownership of assigned responsibilities with a commitment to delivering high quality work
- Excellent organizational skills complemented by a “can do” attitude
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to work under pressure
- Ability to analyse and apply a large volume of technical data, and translate into simple language for a non-specialist audience
- Result-driven, teamwork, and taking initiatives