JOB TITLE: Senior Officer
Employing Company: Gen II Luxembourg Services SARL
Gen II Fund Services is one of the largest global independent private equity fund administrators, with $350 billion of private capital under administration. The group has over 500 employees, with several offices across the United States (New York, Stanford, Boston, San Francisco and Dallas) and in Luxembourg.
The Gen II team is the most experienced and longest tenured team in the private equity fund administration industry, with broad expertise across buyout, funds of funds, real estate, energy, infrastructure, credit, co-investment, hybrid funds, feeder funds, venture capital, retail and managed accounts.
THE LUXEMBOURG BUSINESS
In December 2019, Gen II completed the acquisition of Quilvest Luxembourg Services, with Quilvest Private Equity remaining as a client of the newly established Gen II Luxembourg Services. The business offers Private Equity and Real Estate administration services, supporting over $5 Billion of assets and providing Gen II US clients with the capability to have a Luxembourg base of operations and trusted partner in Europe.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the established Luxembourg entity and become a key member of our team further developing the business. The role sits within the Depositary Team and reports to the Head of Depositary.
As a Senior Officer, you will be mainly focused on the “day-to-day” tasks, delivering the different reports, escalating issues, providing and preparing the checklists when the tasks are done. He/she will be liable for his/her performance including the quality and evidences of the controls conducted. Depending on the background and experience, he/she shall be allocated to cash monitoring and reconciliation program or involved in the oversight of delegates/external parties (i.e. fund administrators and fund managers).
EXAMPLE YEAR ONE OBJECTIVES
- Contribute to the Group strategy and business growth
- Build the required knowledge to conduct the tasks and controls
- Work with clients and the business to ensure timely delivery of day to day responsibilities
- Annual review of process and procedures to improve business efficiency
- Work with clients, auditors, fund managers and the business to ensure timely delivery of day to day responsibilities
- Support the on-boarding of new depositary clients/mandates by delivering risk assessment reports (when starting a new relation);
- Maintain the due diligence calendar up to date and support the risk assessment (risk rating) process;
- Review questionnaire responses, ISAE/SOC reports and other relevant documentation provided by external parties involved;
- Provide regular feedbacks on the result of the due diligence activities to the Management of the Depositary Services in order to initiate the regulatory required escalation process to the AIFM;
- Perform daily tasks like Cash Flow Monitoring and transaction follow-up;
- Monitor the reports from FA, AIFM and 3rd parties (assist in the oversight of the different service providers of the funds);
- Reconcile portfolios of assets and take part of the audit of funds by answering the fund auditors;
- Ensure completeness of tasks by end of the day and report directly to the Manager of the team.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND EDUCATION
- Holding a Bachelor/Master degree in Accounting/Finance/Law
- Proven experience of minimum 5 years ideally in an accounting firm, an audit company or any relevant Fund Administration entity servicing funds in the E.U.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Fluency in English, any other language is considered as an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including contributing to and being part of a strong team spirit
- Client-oriented with ability to build strong relationships with internal and external parties
- Ability to work autonomously, taking full ownership of assigned responsibilities with a commitment to delivering high quality work
- Excellent organizational skills complemented by a “can do” attitude
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to work under pressure
- Ability to analyse and apply a large volume of technical data, and translate into simple language for a non-specialist audience