JOB TITLE: Client Services Manager
DEPARTMENT: Client Services
Gen II Fund Services is one of the largest global independent private equity fund administrators covering $350 billion of private capital on behalf of its clients. The business has over 500 employees with offices in New York, Stanford, Boston, San Francisco in the United States and now a European base through the Luxembourg office.
The Gen II team is the most experienced and longest tenured team in the private equity fund administration industry, with broad expertise across buyout, funds of funds, real estate, energy, infrastructure, credit, co-investment, hybrid funds, feeder funds, venture capital, retail and managed accounts.
THE LUXEMBOURG BUSINESS
In December 2019 Gen II completed the acquisition of Quilvest Luxembourg Services, with Quilvest Private Equity remaining as a client of the newly established Gen II Luxembourg Services. The business offers Private Equity and Real Estate administration services, supporting over $5 Billion of assets and providing Gen II US clients with the capability to have a Luxembourg base of operations and trusted partner in Europe.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the newly established Luxembourg entity and be part of the team further developing the business.
The role sits within the Client Services department, reporting to the Head of Client Services.
The main activities of the department are:
- record the daily operations of the funds and their GPs (target calls/distributions, investor calls/distributions, banks reconciliation, invoices)
- ACCOUNTING AND TREASURY:
- prepare monthly cash dashboard
- ensure daily cash management
- prepare the NAV package in order to,
- prepare the consolidation package and,
- prepare the investor reporting
- prepare ad-hoc reporting requested by clients
Key activities of this role include; monitoring the operations, bringing a high quality review on deliverables, mentoring and coaching team members to support their personal training and development needs and assist the Head of department in technical or organizational tasks of the department.
- Operationally manage a fund portfolio from A to Z, meaning:
- Monitor the daily operations
- Ensure to meet the deadlines
- Organize the team around the planning
- Ensure high quality review on financial statements, investor reporting, capital account statements
- Assist the Head of Client Services with meeting business goals & objectives, company economic metrics, and Human Capital management
- Independently manage a team and meet specific company level revenue & service level targets
- Improve and/or implement new processes where necessary
- Improve and implement dashboard tools to monitor department level activities
- Be involved in the development of IT tools to help manage KPIs across the business
- Effectively manage communication with all internal Gen II teams, owning any internal requests with timely and appropriate responses
- Actively support internal projects. Assist other teams as requested
- Train, coach, and manage team dynamics & morale. Evaluate talent by providing constructive, actionable feedback and performance reviews. Escalate staffing concerns. Actively participate in hiring processes. Seek to identify, develop, and retain top talent
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION
- BAC+3 in accounting, finance or a similar recognized accountancy qualification
- 7+ years of relevant experience in private equity fund administration in Luxembourg
- Fluent in English and French (verbal and written communication), any other language is considered an asset
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, any knowledge of eFront would be an advantage
- Strong knowledge of Luxembourg corporate laws and structures, any specific PERE sector knowledge (e.g. SOPARFI, SICAR, SIF, RAIF, SLP) is considered an asset
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in process and procedures in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including contributing to and being part of a strong team spirit
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Superior problem solving, judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to think independently, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in team and autonomously
- Strong management and organisational skills complemented by a “can do” attitude
- Lead by example and demonstrate firm values
- Result-orientated with a sense of responsibility and commitment to delivering quality work
- Ability to work autonomously, taking full ownership of assigned responsibilities