JOB TITLE: Accounting and Operations Analyst 6 month internship
DEPARTMENT: Accounting and Operations
Employing Company: Gen II Luxembourg Services S .à r. l.
Gen II Fund Services is one of the largest global independent private equity fund administrators, with $900 billion of private capital under administration. Gen II services 6,500+ fund entities with a 99% client retention rate. The group has over 900 employees, with several offices across the United States (New York, Stanford, Boston, San Francisco, Dallas and Denver) and in Vancouver and Luxembourg.
The Gen II team is the most experienced and longest tenured team in the private equity fund administration industry, with broad expertise across buyout, funds of funds, real estate, energy, infrastructure, credit, co-investment, hybrid funds, feeder funds, venture capital, retail and managed accounts.
THE LUXEMBOURG BUSINESS
Gen II Luxembourg Services offers Private Equity and Real Estate administration services, providing Gen II US clients, and new US and European sponsors with the capability to have a Luxembourg base of operations and trusted partner in Europe.
The business offers a fully customizable service plan for sponsors seeking to establish a Luxembourg-based structure.
- Fund launch consultation and guidance
- Domiciliation, governance, and secretarial support
- Complete fund accounting and administration
- Registrar and transfer agency
- Comprehensive financial, regulatory and investor reporting
- Regulatory/compliance support: AML/KYC, CRS, FATCA and AIFMD reporting
- Depositary services
- Directorship services
- Data analytics and integration
- Coordination with other service providers
- Perform daily cash reconciliations, ensuring transactions are settled in a timely manner
- Book daily transactions in the internal accounting system within agreed portfolio timescales
- Monitor and manage outstanding / overdue payments
- Ensure all supporting documentation is received and filed as per internal procedures
- Prepare, book and send capital calls and distributions to investors (including the preparation of legal documentation)
- Collect, process and control capital calls and distributions received from target investments
- Collect, analyze and reconcile target capital account information
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements
- Liaise with external providers to provide documents supporting the preparation of tax returns (CIT, MBT, NTW and VAT)
- Provide any information requested by internal teams or clients promptly and smoothly
- Other day-to-day administrative tasks as required
- You are fluent in English
- You are preparing your Bachelor or Master degree in accounting, finance or a similar recognized accountancy qualification
- You have some knowledge of Luxembourg corporate laws and structures, any specific PERE sector knowledge (e.g. SOPARFI, SICAR, SIF, RAIF, SLP) is considered an asset
- You are in your final year before graduation and this is your end-of-studies internship
- You are available for a 6-month internship